[at-l] Gear Report---

Yesterday, I went to REI in Cary, NC, and purchased a pair of orange Salomon trail runners with the kevlar (?) "laces" that "tie" with a cord lock.  Wow!  I love 'em.  Not only are they beautiful, but they feel divine.  They're really easy to work.  There's lots and lots of toe room in the shoes, too, but the middle is nicely snug.  All around, I'm very pleased.

REI doesn't carry the replacement cords and locks, but I pestered Salomon and got an item replacement # for them.  REI said that, if one broke, send or bring it back to them, and they'd be responsible for getting it fixed or replaced.  Either way, I guess that part will be OK.  I just hope that they don't break on my first outing with them.  I'm going to Maine right after Labor Day to hike with Sleepy Jean for a few days.  We're talking about doing the Rangely section.

anklebear