[at-l] The Other MacKaye Vision

In a message dated 7/27/2005 8:07:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

*
*
*
For some to say he couldn't have meant what he wrote,
and that we should worship him for what he probably meant is insulting to the
man, in my opinion. Those same people cry foul when MacKaye's writings and
the
work of his biographer are shown to them, which says a great deal about how
much those self-styled devotees actually know (and care) about the man.
*
*
*

        You're just ignoring everything that was said TJ. I'm sure your
semantic distortion of context is obvious to smart readers. It's obvious you dodge
any form of discussion of MacKaye's fully available wilderness intentions.
It's also obvious your main motivation is denying anyone who asserts the Trail's
wilderness ethic, or it's traceable origins. That's not honest.

            Once again, I wish Benton MacKaye was alive and present in this
discussion so I could see a brazen ass given the comeuppance he had coming.
That's my "Hike".

*