[at-l] Hikin in the Heat

Hummingbird -

I guess I missed that you had moved west (I've obviously not been  monitoring
the list adequately of late).  We were just in California and  Nevada on
vacation.  Two days in SF, two in Yosemite, two in Death Valley  (insane in July,
I know) and a day in Vegas.  Hiking in Yosemite was  tolerable with 90 degree
temperatures but I have determined that my personal  hiking temperature limit
(and my daughter's) is 118 degrees, which is what is  was when we set off into
Golden Canyon in DV on Wednesday.  We made it  about a mile in and decided
that we were both insane and turned around.  At  that temperature, water, hats,
sunblock and the rest are not enough.

Hike happy.

Black&blue