[at-l] Do'in the AT...

Dale, I had to laugh.... MRE's? Oh my god, who the hell eats those? We used those for barter.... Yes, very light weight. The ruck no more than 30 to 40 lbs.... Trail runners are fine but I will wear a pair of tact lightweights... the same as the greenies wear.... mail drops I plan for in three areas the rest yes I can buy as I go.... any parts of the trail i need to be careful of?

Tks Gerry
PS: The LRRPS gig is more for mental control than playing hunter.......

Dalemerica@aol.com wrote:
Col, Don't be falling out in Jungle boots and a Ruck sack full of MRE's . Forget about mail drops and buy your food along the way. Get your pack weight down to less than ten pounds with out food and water. Wear Trail runners or other light weight running shoes. Never carry more than one liter of water and no more than three days of food until you get to the Hundred mile wilderness , then carry what you need to make it through. This is the best advice I can give you. I am an old retired Military man and had to learn these lessons the hard way. Get all that LRRP mentality out of your head and have an enjoyable hike. DaleAmerica AT02

"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality."