[at-l] where I'm hiking (was on the AT-again)

"I haven't had much hiking time in this spring, but I'm with Jan in finding
such peace and wonder in my home location. ?Rick and I have spent some time
this spring just exploring some of the smaller, less known trails in the
area - exploring the back yard, so to speak. ?Being able to take a couple of
hours in the early evening after work."

The land trust movement is booming these days. If one doesn't exist in your area think about forming one. My favorite walks these days are on some of the 800 acres our local trust has preserved over the past 15 years.

I've spent the past few days using a measuring wheel and making mileage and trail signs to encourage more use of these preserves.

I find that there's no greater feeling than to walk a wild trail you have helped build and on land you have helped preserve.

Weary