[at-l] reg answers anyone

Yup.  It's times like this when I begin to see some sense in the "you're all
against the Trail even if you think you're not" posts.

It's the same problem with mass transit: people want to count the cost their
way.  The car is "free" because they already own one, they normally buy gas for
it so that's "free."  Insurance?  Lost time because of accidents? Free!!  It's
those buses and trains that "cost" so much.

Highways and their repair are "necessary."

Similarly, when I saw the cost sheet for the $xxx hike that was supposed to be
so cheap, I noticed all those trash bags and compactor bags and sandwich bags
that were "free."  I don't use any of those things so would have to buy them.
I felt that calling them "free" was cheating.

Maybe my sunburn is worse than I thought.

--- Rogene <wolferrae@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> > Hmmm.  Let's see.  A Theme Park costs about $50.00
> > to go to and  the AT costs
> > $2000.00 to $4,000.00 (or more) to do (unless you
> > follow the  teachings of
> > some who advocate "dumpster diving" or "busing
> > tables" at Diners  before the
> > wait staff can).
> >
> > Skylander
> >
> Not if your at the theme park for six months.  Remember this does not
> include food, taxes and a place to sleep nor transportation to see the theme
> park for six months...
> Lets see 50X180=9,000 or there about plus food and lodging and Trinkets
> anyone?
> Rogene
> Skylander sorry to burst that cost estimate..
>

> --

JestBill  Ga--->Me '03