[at-l] Was: Subject banned by Ryan Now: A trail goes through it

I don't see much reason for argument here.  Whether you call the AT
corridor wilderness, or lands put together to provide the "illusion of
wilderness" for an urban citizenry who needs an outlet to retain some
connectedness to the earth, I hope we all agree that it is a good
thing to do.  I'd be happy just to protect an expanded corridor around
our cherished AT and keep it out of the hands of those who would
degrade it, develop it or destroy it. And kept free from invasive
plants, ATVers, more roads, cell towers,  etc.  I'd also like to see
it monitored for the highest level of clean air and water standards.
And I'd like to see any existing historical, cultural, biological,
social and geological features within the corridor identified,
protected and cherished.  You don't have to call it wilderness, but I
do hope you'd call it special and valuable.

Perhaps someday the entire Trail will be on the National Register of
Historical Places.  Again, it doesn't have to be wilderness to be an
irreplaceable part of the fabric of our nation.

Happy trails,

Solar Bear