[Fwd: Re: [at-l] Chafing was Gear and a Hike.]

On Jun 13, 2005, at 12:20 AM, Gary Ticknor wrote:

>> Speaking of chafing, EMS carries "Body Glide". It looks like a
>> deodorant stick but it's a lubricant to make your skin slippery so
>> that it doesn't chafe or blister. Anybody tried that? If so, does it
>> work?
>
> Anyone tried this? Sounds like a marital aid ;) but I'll try anything.

I picked up some Body Glide a few weeks ago.  Jury's still out.  Made
my skin feel kind of sticky, not slick.  But I didn't get to put miles
in to see what would happen.  Mickey One Sock (who I met on the trail
this year) *highly* recommended it.

I bought a different brand in Franklin.  Can't remember the name, but
it came in a white and red rollon bottle.  It definitely kept me from
chafing but it also stayed wet all day and stained anything it touched.
  There was a powder version, theoretically for feet, that I tried.  It
went on dry (of course) and made my skin slippery like the other stuff
claimed it would do.  But I haven't had a chance to test the powder on
a long walk.

-joy