[at-l] question about boots.

At 12:08 AM 6/13/2005 -0400, Tin Man wrote:

>A quick question about boots.  I have some Dunham Cloud 9's and love them
>even if they are a bit heavy.  I got them soaked and triedc to dry them
>out last week but they didn't dry quick enough on the back porch and have
>a mildew-y smell.  What can I clean them with and how best to do it?
>I apologize in advance for this on-topic post.

Since no one else has bit yet, I'll take a stab.
Use at your own risk.

Soak the boots in a dilute (5-10%) solution of
bleach for a couple hours, followed by long hot
water soak, and maybe a scrub of whatever
surfaces you can get at.

The dry them thusly:  in the stove at 150
degrees with the front door cracked open,
watching and testing the boots carefully.

rafe b.
aka terrapin