[at-l] AT on Katahdin open 6/3

In a message dated 6/5/2005 10:52:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

The Hunt  Trail up Katahdin is now open. With the Katahdin Stream Ranger's
permission I climbed Friday morning up onto the Hunt spur, past some  rotten
snow and a few small glaciers, but the AT was safe to use in my  opinion.

When is the "official" opening of the AT for South Bounders?  I had  heard
that June 15 was when one could begin.  Is the water level on the  streams a bit
subsided by then?  When does it get to its lowest  level?  Is the trail
"muddy" or does it have good drainage?  When will  the big "crowd" begin the march
south on the AT (or up Katahdin)?

It seems from your report that AT Hikers have already begun their hike
south.  Does the number of hikers increase to a crescendo like the March  number
from Springer Mt.?

Skylander