[at-l] Re: A Walk in the Woods

"The slim chance of that already passed. ?He was on the agenda as a
feature speaker at a previous Gathering, but the myopia (and
bloodlust) of a segment of the membership chased him away. ?As he was
living in Hanover at the time, the logistics were easy, but we blew
it."

Aside from much else that's been said in Bryson's favor, the above statement also isn't true. As I recall, at the last minute he reluctantly agreed to speak at one of the several workshops, and then didn't show.

Weary