[at-l] Hennesy hammock, G4/ Mariposa pack on a thru questions

In a message dated 5/29/2005 7:32:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
askowronek@mindspring.com writes:

One  thing you didn't mention that you should be thinking about, is how
to stay  warm in the hammock.  It's a serious issue.  I've found just a
pad to be insufficient.

That is correct.  In addition to the pad it is necessary to have a  good
sleeping bag.  I wore extra clothing when the temperature hit the low  30 degree
mark.  A hat and gloves were also very helpful.  If one has  a Clark Jungle
Hammock (as I do) the pockets under the base of the Hammock,  stuffed with
clothing or leaves or the like, will add insulation.  There  are ways to keep warm.
If one has a Speer Hammock then a Pea Pod can  provide additional insulation.

Skylander