[at-l] the future is here.. or about to be

No worries, I was just razzin' ya; it seems lots of folx get all worked up about various gadgets on the trail.

Personally, I don't even OWN an iPod, and only just got a cell fone from my wife last Christmas...so she could keep tabs on me in my travels, no doubt.
(Although I seem to go places with no cellular coverage anyhow...)

-"Camo"
 The cell was more of a joke, and probably a bad one. But I do want to
 take A LOT, and I mean A LOT (did I mention A LOT) of high resolution pictures (i.e. >7 megapixels). So the idea now is to carry a 60 gig or greater iPod photo and a good camera (as light weight as possible). I don't want to be in a situtation, ever, where I'll miss a picture due to a low battery, and even with this setup that is likely to happen, but I want to minimize it as much as possible. So, the extra <1 lb for me is worth it. Folks might scratch thier heads as I walk by merrily clicking away and whatever moves me, but when I get back and I have a DVD full of memories people may share my vision. Maybe not. But at least I'll have all those great memories from the trail.

 Greg