[at-l] picture! Fwd: RE: [BackpackingLight] frameless packs; load limits; weight transfer

Just posted a picture to
http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/backpackinglight/
that at least shows some of the side view strap ideas...
black (unseen) is suspension,
light blue is clamshell compression
red is suspension Delta straps...

In the picture, the pack has a base weight of around 18 winter
pounds, and is either near-empty of food or has a bunch of
heavy/dense stuff on top. (I forget, I was headed for the summit
of Springer for New Year's Eve -- it was the end of a great hike
from Fontana). The upper delta strap was soon adjusted another
1" higher around back, and I think it's stayed there.

Happy hiking.