[at-l] I'M FREE!!!

Heh.. yeah.  The fractions of seconds do go down fairly quickly.
659.75482638889 days.

Here is the PHP code that drives the calculation:

/* Get the start of my thru-hike, 9:00 am Eastern, 3/4/07 */
         $hikeStart = strtotime("4 March 2007 07:00");

         /* get the epoch for "right now" */
         $rightNow= mktime();

         /* subtract the start hike epoch from right now epoch */
         $deltaTime=$hikeStart - $rightNow;

         /* before we print out a date, say why we are here */
         print "<strong>The Hike Begins in\n</strong>";

        /* give the reader the amount of days */
        $days = $deltaTime/86400;
        print $days. " days ";