[at-l] A Walk in the Woods---

At 03:09 AM 5/3/2005 -0400, Shelly Hale wrote:
>I agree with Mark...I think that the story would revolve more around the
>relationship of the two characters and their experiences more than that of
>simply the trail itself.

You mean like the book did? The book was not *about* the AT any more than
any movie set in (name a place) are *about* the place it is supposedly in.
It just happened there. A few passionate AT types took exception to the
book because they didn't like what happened and felt that it somehow
reflected on the trail itself. It didn't. People do dumb things everywhere
and occasionally the dumb things are funny, or at least in the hands of a
good humor writer they can be made funny.