[at-l] Wear Sunscreen

YO gANG,
	Like many baby boomer s we did not wear sunscreen as children and
perhaps worse we sometimes used a home made mixture of baby oil and
Iodine. I had my dermatologist inspect some spots on my face and
fortunately there was no problem. She gave me a lot of information on
the sun and skin.
	The two most important items are that melanoma is a cumulative
problem. In other words the more hours of unprotected sun exposure you
get the closer you get to forming melanoma. So if you had an
unprotected childhood you have already accumulated lots of hours
towards your own personal time bomb. Therefore you should protect more
diligently now. My Doctors visit was several years ago and at that
time there was only one sunscreen that had UVA/UVB Protection. The
active ingredient being Parsol 1789. Neutrogena has this ingredient.
Oh yea I remember one more thing. Skin cancer is found very often on
mens left arm. This comes from driving a vehicle. So its a good idea
to keep some sunblock in your car for the old left arm in the Sun.

I am not a doctor but I will pretend to be one with hiker babes.

Dr. Chase

woo whoo  One exam to go then no more school! I feel a three week hike
coming on after Trail Days. NJ,NY,CT,MA,VT