[at-l] Wear Sunscreen

Hello all,
     Just want to echo Jan's call for sunscreen.  I am growing a bald spot on
my pate in my spare time.  I didn't even know this was happening 'til it got
burned.  That's how I found out the mosquitos liked it up there too.  While it
adds only marginal profits to the sunscreen manufacturers I apply up there
now too.
     Having said that let me also say having any doctor you happen to be
visiting look at any suspicious things on your skin is a good thing.  If it
warrants further inspection you'll be referred to a dermatologist.
     I had a seborrheic keratosis that lay people kept mistaking for a
melanoma.  I finally went to a dermatologist and it was - - - a seborrheic keratosis
which is harmless.  I had a couple of other things looked at and they were
harmless too but the point is to catch anything serious early.  Melanomas can
occur where you don't get direct sun and if you catch them early they can be
excised very easily.  Just don't put it off.
David Hahn