[at-l] A question of definition.

Well, since I is one of those episcopal types, I was motivated by curiousity to check.  Turns out there are two Episcopal "nunneries" in pretty close proximity to the AT.  The Episcopal Sisters of Charity www.saint-vincents.com is in the WV panhandle maybe 30 miles from the trail, and the Community of Saint Marys, East http://www.stmaryseast.org/ is in Greenwich, New York about 25 miles away.  There are others too.

So, yup, they do exist in other christian denominations at least.

Kent Gardam

Bror8588@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 4/13/2005 11:05:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
stephensadams@hotmail.com writes:

Are there nuns who are not Catholic? Or, restated, are the counterparts of
>Catholic< nuns, in other religions, titled differently?

There are "Sisters" in the Lutheran Church, and there is an order of caring
women in the Episcopal church (I think). Anybody know where the word "Nun"
came from?

Skylander