[at-l] PSA

In a message dated 4/11/2005 10:58:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RBSC2000@aol.com writes:

> [...]
how I found out.

I am 54 and  this was the first test ever.     The  doctor told me in 2
years
it would have been inoperative and in 5-7  it  would  have..........

So anyone 50 or over  who was as foolish as me  should make an
appointment....

So as the litany  goes.........All Ye  AT Saints.....pray for me.

Ron/HighAnxiety

**

You are lucky... You have good friends. And you are right, all the men on
the list should get tested, at least to get a base line PSA # to compare
later tests to... Yes, even if you are not 50 like the doctors say, get it
checked
in your mid 40's, just to see your baseline # (sooner if you have a family
history
of prostate cancer).

PSA should have been in your "battery of tests" years ago, to get a base
line #, but I'm glad you finally had it tested.

Sometimes it takes a friend, or family member getting prostate cancer to
shock people into getting tested. That's how I started getting  tested.

On the positive side, your email will probably save someones life...

You will be fine, AT-L has you on their prayer list.

Russ (age 49)
hotdog AT 03
PSA tests 00 01 02 03 04