[at-l] Hiking in West Virginia

I'm taking my Venturing Crew to WV in June to raft the New River.  While
we're there, we want to spend 2-3 days hiking.  I've suggested the following
hikes to them:

1) Stop and hike around the Grayson Highlands area prior to our arrival in
WV.

2) Drive past the New River Gorge and continue to the Roaring Plains area
and hike there for a couple of days.

3) Hike along the Greenbrier River Trail

4) Hike a part of the American Discovery Trail.

All of these hikes, except the Greenbrier River Trail, are a long way from
the New River Gorge area we are rafting.  Do any of you know of any 2-3 day
hikes that are closer - besides stringing a bunch of short hikes together.
There seem to be *lots* of short trails near the gorge but not many long
trails.

Thanks,

Charles