[at-l] Re: at-l Exotic meats (was Oh My!)

I used to make scrapple with left-over roast meats and cornmeal.  Barley is
also used in that favorite of Scottish dishes, haggis.
gypsy

From: "Shelly Hale" <shellydhale@earthlink.net>

Scrapple- http://www.berksweb.com/pam/scrapple.html
Ingredients- 4 lbs. fresh shoulder, 2 lbs. fresh side, 3 lbs. pork liver, 2
lbs pearl barley (may substitute medium barley), 1 lb. steel cut oats (may
substitute old fashioned oats), 5 T. salt, 8 t. coarse cracked pepper, Water
as needed

How prepared- Boil each meat separately until done. Remove meats from
liquids. Discard liver broth. Grind meats and put all in broth from shoulder
and side.  Combine ground meat, broth and remaining ingredients. Cook until
barley is done and mixture is heavy. Water may need to be added
periodically.