[at-l] Oh My! More adventures [OT?]

British polar explorer Robert Falcon Scott took white horses along to the Antarctic on his 1910-1912 expedition to become the first to reach the south pole.  Unfortunately for Scott though, Norwegian explorer Amundsen beat the British team in the race to the pole by about a month.  Even more unfortunately for Scott's team, the whole team died on their return trip back to their base.  No word on what happened to the horses though.

Kent Gardam

camojack@comcast.net wrote:
Beans up your nose?! That's a colloquialism with which I am unfamiliar...but I'd like to someday go to Antarctica.

Of course, the logistics of transporting equines and such might be problematic, but maybe just a little canter on the Ross Ice Shelf would suffice.

I haven't been astride a (non-metallic) steed since '98, though...

-"Camo"
Don't be putting beans up my nose, now!

HOMEowner Shoe