[at-l] Some humor

A senior citizen in Florida bought a Mercedes convertible.  He took off down
the road, flooring it to 80 mph and enjoying the wind blowing through what
little hair he had left on his head.

"This is great," he thought as he roared down I-95.  He pushed the pedal to
the metal even more.  Then he looked in his rear view mirror and saw a
highway patrol trooper behind him, blue lights flashing and john siren
blaring.

"I can get away from him with no problem," thought the man and he tromped it
some more and flew down the road at over 100 mph, 110 mph, 120 mph.

Then he thought, "What am I doing?  I'm too old for this kind of thing." He
pulled over to the side of the road and waited for the trooper to catch up
with him.

The trooper pulled in behind the Mercedes and walked up to the man.  "Sir,"
he said, looking at his watch, "my shift ends in 30 minutes and  today is
Friday.  If you can give me a reason why you were speeding that I've never
heard before, I'll let you go."

The man looked at the trooper and said, "Years ago my wife ran off with a
Florida State Trooper, and I thought you were bringing her back."

"Have a good day, Sir," said the Trooper.