[at-l] OT - Second Large Quake Sumatra

In a message dated 3/28/2005 12:36:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

A second  major aftershock of near 8.2 magnitude has hit about 100
miles south of  the December quake. Quake was shallow at 18 miles which
increases chances  of tsunami.

R'nR-   I  suggest first quake released most of tension. This quake
is also lower in  intensity. Probably won't produce large tsunami. Maybe 10
footer. Maybe  nothing. I guess they'll evacuate anyway. Quake was 11:09 EST.
 No
way to tell. So far no reports of tidal  waves...

When?  The lack of tension is not the problem but the disturbance of  the
level of the sea floor.  If the floor rises or falls the sea itself  will be
affected and could produce a wall of water that could bring some big  waves.  The
last Tsunami traveled quite fast (500 knots?) so timing is  important.

Skylander