[at-l] rain test!

On Mar 23, 2005, at 6:32 PM, David Hicks wrote:

> SNIP
> The pack leaked like a seive and built water up inside.
> <<
>
> Hey isn't that the definition of a waterproof pack -- still holds a
> gallon of
> water an hour after a downpour?
>
> IMHO, I create drains to get rid of water,  Use a trash compressor bag
> to keep
> stuff in the pack dry.  Use a Packa to keep me and the pack dry.

In 2003 there was water pooled in my pack and pockets at all times.  I
had multiple layers of plastic - trash compactor bag around sleeping
bags.  Then the sleeping bags went in another trash compactor bag with
everything else.  I think I had my clothes in large ziplocks so they
wouldn't get wet if I had to open the pack.

What a soggy year.

-amy