[at-l] the list lately -- response to Grey Owl.

Doesn't anybody on this
list go hiking?
Yes, and pretty darned often. Last week it was the Foothills Trail.
Starting Saturday it'll be the Appalachian Trail. In just a few minutes
I'm gonna go lug a pack up Table Rock to keep my legs tight and get them
tighter. I hike a LOT. If I could live on the trail, I would. As a matter
of fact, starting Saturday, I will be for awhile.  :-)

The limiting factor is going to be the headaches. Last week I had to go to
the ER at the end of my hike with a combo migraine/cluster/bad nosebleed.
My neuro says that the nose was heavy pollen/heavy exercise/migraine blood
pressure all at once. He blocked my occipital nerves, which will prevent
the clusters for clusters for two months. I have five doses of Zomig to
take with me and a prescription for lots more, so the migraines should be
okay for awhile. I also take my daily maintenance meds and check my
glucose levels like I should, which lets me know when to eat and helps
keep my energy level up.

All in all, if I make it to Damascus by Trail Days, that would be as much
as I could ever hope for. Even if I don't, if I do the best I can, it'll
be okay.

Enough for now. Time to go hiking.

:-)
Frank/Nightwalker