[at-l] Newman and Redford may film Bryson's "Walk in the

At 09:11 PM 3/17/2005 -0500, Bob C wrote:
> >"...The book was definitely about the AT and the Wilderness."
>
>You could a fooled me. I didn't read anything that reminded me at all
>about the Appalachian Trail or wilderness.
>
>Weary

Much as I hate to prolong this thread I have to say "you should reread the
book". He spends a considerable amount of space talking about the poor
state of the supposedly wild areas of the Appalachians and expressed more
than a little disgust at the lax stewardship of them. I agree that the book
was not really about the AT but I distinctly recall his dismay over the
state of the environment.