Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:54:05 -0500
From: medusaj@aol.com
Subject: [at-l] Thanks for all of the watch advice...

My take on the watch question:  any watch will do.  We picked up
a six-dollar Walmart watch in Connecticut after realizing that
our unfortunate habit of getting up, whether sleeping in tent or
shelter, after eleven o'clock just wasn't going to get us to
Katahdin on time.  Which just goes to show, despite all
appearances to the contrary, that time does matter on the trail.
 I was convinced upon setting out that I could rise with the sun
and walk until dark and time would have no relevance, but that's
just not true.

Did anyone else have the same experience?