[at-l] Dehydrated Food Question

In a message dated 3/6/05 1:01:43 PM, stephensadams@hotmail.com writes:

> Let me enlarge his question.? I would like to know how long commercial
> freeze-dried food lasts.

In September 2002, my husband and I bought some freeze-dried food for a canoe
camping trip to the Boundary Waters. We had one package left over. I kept
meaning to fix it for regular supper and never did. Never took it hiking either
as we preferred my own dehydrated food. But I decided to take it when I went
hiking with eArThworm a couple weeks ago. It tasted fine. I didn't notice any
worms. Now that's a long time.
Vcat