[at-l] camera

At 04:25 PM 3/5/2005 -0500, Bob C wrote:
>Jim: Here's what the Times claims about batteries and some other stuff:
>
>"....A quick shot-to-shot time of about two seconds and the lack of a
>noticeable shutter lag make the F100 a pleasure to use. We also got good
>life out of the CR-3V photo-lithium cell and--alternatively--the two AA
>nickel-metal-hydride batteries that we tried out.
>
>"Overall, the exposure and image quality in our test shots was quite good.
>The most consistent problem that we encountered was that the automatic
>white balance produced a bluish cast in very bright sunlight. On the other
>hand, we obtained pleasing, lifelike colors--particularly flesh tones--in
>indirect sunlight and with both incandescent and fluorescent light
>fixtures. Our pictures also exhibited a good dynamic range, with ample
>detail in both shadows and highlights. And although large swatches of blue
>sky tended to show some noticeable noise, image noise levels were
>generally low. We also observed very minimal lens distortion and chromatic
>aberration."
>
>Are nickel-metal-hydride AAs rechargeable? I wonder how they fit both into
>the same camera.
>
>Weary

I had an Olympus 4040Z that came with two batteries that looked similar to
the CR-V3. They may even have been CR-V3s. I don't remember and I don't
have the camera anymore. I gave it to my daughter when I upgraded to the
5060 model. I was able to use AAs in that camera but it took 4 AAs in place
of the 2 batteries it came with. Frankly the original batteries did not
last long at all in my opinion and they were frightfully expensive to
replace compared to their limited useful life. The AAs I replaced them with
were NiMH rechargeables which worked fine. I never tried alkaline AAs but I
suspect their life would even worse than the originals although the fact
that one could use them in a pinch could be useful. Go to
<http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Konica_Minolta/minolta_dimagef100.asp>
for a full review and sample photos from this camera. According to the
review it will work on 2 NiMH AAs.