[at-l] Hiking related health question

In a message dated 3/1/2005 4:56:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

So here  is the question: Is it actually possible to make such a diagnosis
without  ever taking one x-ray, CT scan or MRI? I don't want to call the guy
a liar  but I don't understand how he can diagnose deterioration of my
spinal  disks without ever looking at them.

Those guys are pretty talented but even so an MRI would confirm suspicions
and give a more precise diagnosis, at least to my way of thinking.  My  Ortho
took X-rays of my hips when I complained of knee problems and then ordered  an
MRI of my knee to compare the X-ray of the left knee with the MRI of the left
knee.  Confirmed by two sets of reports his diagnoses of the rest of my
lower extremity joints was more acceptable to me.

Could it be that in the Adirondack Mountains there is a lack of facility  for
great examinations?  How about going to a Chiropractor and getting a
manipulation (perhaps s/he will do some filming) to unpinch the nerves.   OR, can
they prescribe some shots.  Hey Kelly or Shelly how about some  shots?  One can
offer Jack Daniels and the other will give the  needle.  Or is JD not from
Tennessee?  Is it a Kentucky style  liquor?  Will it be labeled a medicine?  Who
is prescribing?  Can  I have some?

Sky