[at-l] You know you're a hiker when

> Every now and then, it's nice to be reminded, that there are some things
> sold at a camping store that you would never want:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=13780&memberId=12500226

Eventually we'll probably see a family of thru-attempters trying to bring
something similar along.

Last year I saw a 67-year-old man with an 80+ lb pack. He ditched stuff
every day and was still at 60+ lbs when he got to Mtn Crossings. He bought a
lot of lighter gear and left behind a lot of crap.

He was a real nice guy and I wish I remembered his name. He was as tough as
leather and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he finished.

Nightwalker.