[at-l] Quotes on Risk and Daring

This one is my favorite:

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no
safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring
adventure or nothing."
- Helen Keller

This is one I found online somewhere:

"When in doubt, make a fool of yourself.  There is a microscopically
thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most
gigantic idiot on earth.  So what the hell, leap." - ???

Many great ideas have been lost because the people who had them could
not stand being laughed at.  - ???

And from the great Dr. Johnson:

"Prudence keeps life safe, but does not often make it happy."

"Nothing will ever be attempted, if all possible objections must be
first overcome."

And from Uncle Ralph (Waldo Emerson, that is):

"Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions.  All life is an
experiment.  The more experiments you make the better.  What if they
are a little course, and you may get your coat soiled or torn?  What
if you do fail, and get fairly rolled in the dirt once or twice.  Up
again, you shall never be so afraid of a tumble."

"I dip my pen in the blackest ink because I'm not afraid of falling
into my inkpot."

"Trust thyself; every heart vibrates to that iron string."

(Those last two are from memory, so if you decide to use them, you
might want to do a search for the exact wording.)

Waterfall
--
http://asortofnotebook.blogspot.com