[at-l] Canon camera question

The Powershot A75 has recently been replaced with the A510,
which is a bit lighter, offers a 140mm optical zoom (vs
130mm on the A75), and is smaller - owing in part to its use
of the smaller SD media cards (vs Compact Flash on the A75)
and 2 AA batteries (instead of 4, I think).

At last check, www.newegg.com offers the A510 for something
like $180, with free shipping. 512MB Secure Digital cards
are available at the same site for around $40.

Camera specs:
http://dcresource.com/reviews/cameraDetail.php?cam=672

Sample photos:
http://dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a510_a520-review/a510/gallery.shtml

And see a review of the A520 (the A510's 4mpx twin) at the
same site.

I've owned a 510 for about a week now. Haven't had much time
to play around with it, but indoor photos are far and away
superior to those rendered by last year's Olympus Stylus
digital line of cameras. The 510's optional-manual features
seem very rich, allowing for a wide range of technique and
compensation under various types of light.

Simblissity Ultralight :: One-of-a-Kind Designs for the
Great Outdoors
www.simblissity.net