[at-l] OT- Superbowl

I managed both a good hike and a few hours watching the game.

This afternoon we spent a relaxing few hours hiking in the snow over
Sugarloaf, a monadnock in Maryland near Frederick. It was a beautiful sunny
day - low 50's, nice climbs (though the ice on the descents made me a bit
slow), few people -- all in all it was a real pleasure.  We did another
short hike yesterday - it was altogether too nice a weekend to spend much
time inside.

After an early supper of pizza, I turned on the Superbowl.  It's the only
football game I ever watch - and then only if I'm in the right mood. Jim's
not a fan of football, though sometimes he'll wander by to see what the
excitement's about.  Since my nephew, the avid football fan, was here, he
and I watched the game while Jim tried to recover the files jpg images that
were supposed to be on the forthcoming webpage that vanished while being
transferred.  I had a better evening than he did, since I was able to do
some preliminary reading about southern Utah in preparation for our trip
west in May in between the plays.  I enjoyed the halftime show more than I
have in years, and the game was close enough to stay interesting even for a
non-watcher like me.

Ginny