[at-l] Anyone wanna try G-mail?

No, I didn't say a G-string, Felix.

I've recently subscribed to Google's G-mail service, and it's perfect
for e-mail listservs, such as AT-L. I've been on digest, to keep things
from piling up, but with G-mail I don't have to do that anymore. You
never have to delete your mail, and can Google anything in your Inbox,
if you want to find an old post. They give you something like a
gigabyte of storage space. The price: some ads on the side of the page,
as on the Google search page. For instance, I was on a list where they
were talking about digital cameras, and there on the side of the text
window was a link:

> Related Pages
> Kodak beats Sony in US digital camera business.
> UberGizmo - 1 hour ago
> According to research firm International Digital Corp, Eastman Kodak

I'm probably going to switch my AT-L account to the Google address.

Anyway, it's still in Beta right now, so the only way you can get an
account is if someone who already has an account invites you. I have 50
invites to give out. If you want one, and want to try out the service,
e-mail me at <rhymworm@gmail.com>.

There's probably a downside to this, but I haven't found it yet.

--Rhymin' Worm