[at-l] Weathercarrot's DVD

At 03:40 PM 2/4/2005 -0500, The Weathercarrot wrote:

>Hi -
>
>Regarding my PCT DVD project, I find myself wishing that none of this had
>been mentioned here. It's all very embarassing. Thanks for the kind offers
>of help. At the moment I'm all set for materials, etc. I've got a good
>start on this final phase of the project, working with iMovie, and
>Photo-to-Movie (LQ Graphics), after I spent much of December and January
>doing all the prep work (sorting 15,000 photos from 30-40 contributors and
>compiling/editing the soundtrack). The real expense will come in April
>when I make 300 copies and ship most of them. Actually, what I most need
>now are ideas about cheap ways to make a bunch of photo covers for the
>jewel cases (which include titles, contents, etc). On the earlier batches
>of the AT one, it cost about $35 for 50, so doing 300 would get pricey.
>I'm skeptical that someplace like kinko's would be both cheap enough and
>high-quality enough. Any thoughts?
>
>wc

Check with local job printers. The cost per unit is higher on shorter runs.
Going from 50 to 300 units should not cost 6 times as much. You might be
pleasantly surprised. Here's a place that does short run 2 panel inserts
for 35 cents each <http://www.mediaxpress.net/print/print.htm>. That's half
what you paid for the 50.