[at-l] Grits

>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:37:23 -0600
>From: Tom Fort <tfort@jam.rr.com>
>I would have guessed grits had no nutritional >value.
   However, after
>looking them up, they do seem to have their place.
>However small it
>may
>be.   High in sodium!

>http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-001-02s019e.html

>T.

Or, as a Yankee friend of mine said many years ago,
"Grits.  What generations of Southerners have been
malnourished on."

Poor boy didn't appreciate what he was missing.

Marta (who eats her grits with butter, salt, and
pepper)

PS--Grits 1st cousin, polenta, is also served with
cheese, and sometimes with wild mushrooms.  Very tasty.