[at-l] Typhoid Bug

Just to inform anyone who still cares: I still live!

My snot has nearly dried. The cough is episodic, but non-productive. The
fever is at normal body levels. Blood pressure, pulse and respiratory rates
are acceptable.

I had a cold, a product of a ubiquitous rhinovirus. I probably contracted
it from shaking hands with an infected person, most likely someone with a
more impressive psychotic or affective disorder from South Georgia. I
avoided allowing anyone to shake my hand, touch my face or share
respiratory secretions. Others probably brought similar contagions to the
SORUCK. I am certainly relieved that we will not have to deal with this
weekend's predicted weather for NOC.

If I were a good doctor, I would have sent the patient to bed to drink
copious quantities of fluids, get overly ample bed rest and take the
occasional Aspirin for those classic aches and pains and low grade fever
from my cold. I did that, missing the really good presentations, walks and
the bulk of the music. I didn't even get to exercise my new-found freedom
to flirt and carouse as a single dirty ol' man.

Watch out next year!

OrangeBug