[at-l] Cell Phones -- Perception

At 10:10 AM 1/18/2005 -0500, Steve Landis wrote:
>On 1/17/2005 3:40 PM, Bob C wrote:
>>"In Wildness is the preservation of the world..." Henry David Thoreau
>
>That reminds me, you can get the ebook "Walden - or, Life in the Woods"
>emailed to you free from the Southern Cross Review -  usually takes a day
>or two.
>
>http://www.southerncrossreview.org/Ebooks/ebwalden.html
>
>And to get back on topic, you can then download it to your PDA/CellPhone
>appliance thingy and read it on the trail.  You could also print it and
>bring chapters with you on the trail or have them sent to you in mail
>drops.  Read them and use as fire starter in your zip stove.
>
>Other free ebooks here...
>http://www.southerncrossreview.org/Ebooks/ebooks.html
>
>Steve

Excellent point Steve. Some of the new combination units actually represent
a very practical addition to the hiker's pack. For those who are only
interested in low rez images to put on their web journal these units can
replace a camera. They can also replace a journal for recording your
travels, a book to read in the evening, data books & maps, MP3 player, send
eamil and they insure that you can call home when you get to town even if
there is no longer a pay phone available. They are too expensive for my
taste (and budget) but yes, the world changes.