From: "Jim Bullard" <jbullar1@twcny.rr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: [at-l] OT- Fun Site

I'm sure but at that time if you enlisted they would
*guarantee* either an MOS (military occupational specialty) or the place
you would serve. Not wanting to end up in the infantry I enlisted to be a
photographer. They wanted to send me to OCS but as some folks are learning
now, when you accept a commission they own your soul (slight exaggeration)
and OCS 2nd Lieutenants were all headed for "Nam, so I said "NO". The
promises were, as it turned out, a bit of a farce.
<<
>> Only the Army was making such
*guarantees* BTW. The other branches were getting adequate recruits at that
time without such incentives although a small number of draftees were being
sent to the Marines and Navy. <<