[at-l] SORUCK fundraiser...

In a message dated 1/1/2005 5:13:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yugrekih@yahoo.com writes:

> I believe that the 'needy cause' for the SORUCK fundraiser has
> presented itself - tsunami disaster relief.  The needs are immediate,
> as well as long-ranging.  So, I propose that the money raised from
> Saturday's $3.00 lunch, and from the silent garage sale, be donated to
> tsunami disaster relief...

Hey Pittsburgh,

I understand where you're coming from, but I have to disagree.  As I wrote to
Kelly earlier....

"With all due respect, this is beyond what's expected of the hiking
community.? Any of our group efforts should remain dedicated to the trail or trails.

That said, as individuals, we can donate to the relief efforts.? From what I
understand, the best organizations to donate to are the America Red Cross and
Doctors Without Borders."

I still think it should go to the Maine ATC in Kieth Shaw's name or atleast
another cuase towards the trail but, I'm easy, whatever the group feels.

Sly