[at-l] Re: Snow Cream

In a message dated 12/6/04 16:57:59 Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> Hmmm... I remember that. I was attending a one room school. It must have
> been about 1954-5. The teacher brought a Geiger counter to school one day
> and checked the snow in the yard. The needle moved and it clicked quite a
> bit.

Isn't there a legend that says we all have to eat a peck of dirt before we
pass on from this planet?  Well, perhaps the radiation in the snow can
counteract the effect of the dirt or.... does it enhance the effectiveness of the dirt
so that only half-a-peck is necessary?

Sky