[at-l] Frozen Custard versus Soft Serve

On 12/6/2004 9:37 AM, W F Thorneloe wrote:
> The difference is like the difference between pure,
> touching-each-white-blaze versus yellow-blazing. There is a lot more egg
> in custard, which makes it a bit more sketchy if the place doesn't keep
> very good sanitation. Hence, the labor and production costs are higher.
> You typically have to go to a fairly large metropolitan area to actually
> find frozen custard - my favorite is in Falls Church, VA.
>
> Soft Serve is stuff from a jug without any care and love. It is great
> when the real stuff ain't available. You can go blind if you use it too
> much, or at least get hair on your palms.

You've obviously never been to Massey's in Carlisle, a seasonal stand
that specializes in custard and soft serve.  Actually they are two
entirely different concoctions each excellent in it's own right.  The
soft serve there is so rich and creamy that your arteries clog as soon
you walk up to the counter.  And it's not too far from the trail.

http://www.visitccpa.com/directory/details.asp?ID=254

Steve