[at-l] Giving back to the trails....

At 08:21 PM 11/28/2004 -0500, Shelly Hale wrote:
>My questions to you are these...
>
>1-Do you give back to the trails?

Yes.

>2-If so, in what ways do you give back to the trails and wilderness?

I maintain a lean-to (AKA shelter) including clearing blowdowns on the
trail to it and reporting other trail maintenance needs to the trail crews.
I give money (albeit limited since I am retired) and I serve as a committee
chair for ADK. I also volunteer photo services for ADK to use in their
publications. I belong to other trail organizations and frequently write to
legislators regarding trail issues.

>3-Do you have any suggestions for other ways to give back?

Lead outings aimed at newbees to hiking. Most hiking clubs sponsor outings
for their members and sometimes open to the public and announced through
local media. It is a good way to attract new members.

>4-How can we get more people involved?

See answer to #3.