[at-l] Why?!---

> > The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King,...

> Is that suitable for children?  I'm in need of a Christmas gift.

>Shane

It depends on the child and what their parents think may/may not be
appropriate.  There is some strong language in it and discusses some bodily
functions pretty grossly, but otherwise I think it would be fine for a young
teen.

I've let my 13 year old daughter read it.  She thought it was pretty good.
I liked it.  I think that it shows just how our mind can play games with us
when primed by fear of the unknown.  But, the way King uses baseball and the
girl's love of her father and their joint admiration of #36 (Tom Gordon of
the Red Sox) to deal with and overcome her fears is really quite touching.

I have a used copy if you would like to read it before purchasing one as a
gift.  Just let me know your address and I'll get it on the way if you would
like.

Shelly Hale