[at-l] Monday Humor

>4) No! Since I am not the government I cannot enact the establishment
clause or abrogate same. It is what the government does that enacts the
clause. <

actually not true; the government need not install but since it is a public
display on government property it is as if the government did install. In
many instances, the ten commandments were donated by the Fraternal Order of
the Eagles and installed by them at their expense but probably with approval
of the county commissioners and with some kind of public dedication ceremony
although many times there were no government minutes showing government
action. Apparently hundreds of granite monuments were donated to
municipalities by the Eagles.

But many of the Christmas displays at the courthouse show up unannounced and
are installed without any formal government action.

At Stone Mountain in GA, you will see the world's largest high relief
carving, depicting three heroes of the American Confederacy, Stonewall
Jackson, Robert E. Lee and I don't remember who is the third.

I do not intend to post any more comments to the list but I will respond
offlist to any comments you make.

Richard H. Anderson