[at-l] Monday Humor

In a message dated 11/18/04 13:26:31 Eastern Standard Time,
randerson58@comcast.net writes:

> Now let us suppose that you placed the two ton granite monument in the
> middle of a stretch of the AT where every one had to stop and pay their respects
> or be prevented from continuing their hike. Furthermore no alternate forms
> were permitted or allowed and there were no exceptions.
>
> The first example set forth in the previous post is a probable violation of
> the establishment clause; the second a definite violation of the free
> exercise clause and the establishment clause.

These are unlikely situations.  I believe the presence of the Ten
Commandments (whatever the intent of the persons placing them in the court house) was a
reminder of an historical acknowledgment that we are a nation that lives under
the law.  Perhaps the removal is because of anti-Semitism.  I do not know.

Skylander