[at-l] Short canoe trip--Weeki Wachee River

In a message dated 11/15/04 12:38:32 Eastern Standard Time,
RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:

> All with some developer licking his chops waiting to condo it over.
> Along with some doofus ready to justify it with right-wing rhetoric as if it
> was our fault...

This is not a right wing/left wing issue but a Conservation issue.  Both
wings live in Condos in Florida.  To raise the issue in these terms is to fan the
flames of prejudice and perhaps soothe the sad feelings resulting from a sense
of loss.  The beauty of nature is appreciated by people on every political
spectrum.  It is true that some very wealthy people bought huge parcels of land
for their enjoyment in a time when taxation did not confiscate their money and
those parcels of land are now becoming available through the Green Acres
Program and others.  Thank God that Rockefeller (one of them) bought St. Johns,
USVI, and donated it to the National Parks.  Harriman's family donated their
lands to NY State and we have trails to hike today because of their generosity.
Other examples are multiple.

Skylander